Solo ads advertising is the most effective form of ezine advertising but it has the same risk that all the other types of advertising have: no one can really guarantee you that you’ll get the results you expect.
If you don’t prepare carefully your advertising campaign, the failure waits for you just around the corner.
So basically you have three options:
1) Don’t advertise and you won’t fail. However, if you follow this path, there is a “minor” inconvenient: you don’t have any chance to succeed; or
2) Don’t waste too much of your time, write or copy quickly an advert and buy some ad space in an ezine. Then check the results and come to the conclusion that ezine advertising is dead; or
3) Forget marketing messages like “Make money doing nothing/while sleeping”, forget excuses like “I’m not a copywriter” or “This advertisement is very good because my guru told me so” and start working.
You hate the last method, don’t you? Work … brr! I know that, but … doing nothing gets you nothing. Always. So … you have to choose what is gonna be: agony or ecstasy? Or nothing …
If the success is your target, then you have to accept some unpleasant activities: work and test, refine and then test again. Testing is the magic keyword for any serious advertiser. Why? People are so different that no one, not even the best copywriter, can say, “Hey, this ad is the best and it will work great”. Without making tests no one can know in advance the market’s reaction.
Now that hopefully I convinced you to make some tests before starting your solo ads advertising campaign, I guess you’ll ask, “What am I supposed to test?” Well, I will answer by asking you some questions:
If no one opens your solo ad …
1) does it matter how great, useful & affordable your product is?
2) does it matter how great the rest of your marketing message is?
3) does it matter how good your landing page is?
Nope, nothing matters if the recipient of the solo advert doesn’t open it. In email marketing, one of the most important elements is the subject line. That is what you need to test, test, and test again, so that to be sure that your marketing message arrives in front of your readers. Then continue the tests on other elements and don’t forget to choose very carefully who you place the order with. There is a jungle out there …
How long will this take? Well, it depends on many factors and especially it depends on how far you’re willing to go. The more tests you make, the more far away is the failure from you.
To Your Success!